We Desire to See Church Members Living a Holistic and Healthy Life
The purpose of the Parish Nurse Program is to help people in religious congregations and surrounding communities reach their optimal level of whole personal health.
This ministry promotes wholistic wellness by:
- Visitation of church members in their homes, hospital and nursing homes.
- Assists congregation members in identifying their health needs through surveys and interviews.
- Counsels members on health related issues.
- Serves as a resource person, referring to community resources and assist in obtaining needed services.
- Coordinating health education classes on a variety of subjects.
- Coordinating health screenings.
- Developing support groups within the church.
Things to start thinking about:
More than 85,000 Americans are waiting for life-saving organ transplants and hundreds of thousands more could benefit from tissue transplants. Unfortunately, the need for donors is much greater than the actual number of donors. Your commitment to organ and tissue donation can save lives. For more information, or to become and organ donor, visit www.dcidonor.org.
You can help in the fight against cancer! Volunteer for events, talk to your legislators, and donate to the American Cancer Society. Visit their website at www.cancer.org.