Developing committed followers of Jesus Christ through: Worship, Community, Service.
What We Believe:
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God - "a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path." 2 Timothy 3:16
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, however "...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. John 3:16
- Those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized into Christ. Romans 10:9 and Acts 2:38
- The Church is the body of Christ on earth and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. Ephesians 4:1-16
- Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
What kind of church are we:
Avoca is a contemporary, community-minded congregation, deeply rooted in the unchanging truths of the Bible. Families and singles of all ages find Avoca to be a wonderful place to grow in Christ and serve God through the church's foundational values of prayer, fellowship, Bible study, worship, and service. The congregation is a dynamic, faith-filled community of believers who learn from the past, serve in the present and look forward to the future. The best is yet to come with this congregation as it seeks to serve the community and bring the world to faith in Christ.